Kindle Nation Daily Free Book Alert, Thursday, July 29: New Family Saga, Zappo’s Chronicle, and a Treat for Harry Potter Fans (Today’s Sponsor), and links to our Complete List of Over a Hundred Free Promotional Kindle Store Titles
Two new additions — one Family Saga and one Business ebook about one of Amazon’s most noteworthy subsidiaries — to share with you in today’s Kindle Store Free Book Alert listings….
But first, a word from … Today’s Sponsor
Here’s a Harry Potter quiz book like no other. It asks questions which will develop your appreciation of the Harry Potter books and the Harry Potter phenomenon. Some of these questions are easy, quite a few are fiendishly difficult, but all are thought-provoking.
What better way to get kids or grandkids interested in Kindle reading than to use your Kindle to engage them in a Harry Potter quiz?! But no promises here that you won’t get hooked on the game yourself….
[Incidentally, the publisher tells us that although this is the "ultimate unaithorized" Harry Potter quiz book, this book has been cleared by Rowling's attorneys -- all the questions pertain to "real facts" or literary criticism as opposed to "fictional facts", which is what got the HP Lexicon people in trouble.]
Each day’s list is sponsored by one paid title. We encourage you to support our sponsors!
Authors, Publishers, Kindle Accessory Manufacturers:Interested in learning more about sponsorship? Just click on this link for more information:
* * *
by Sherry Seethaler (Author)
4.2 out of 5 stars (44 customer reviews)
If you enjoy a great suspense page-turner at the great price of, well, no price at all, then you won’t want to tarry about picking up the two pre-orders featured in today’s Free Book Alert. One of them expires Thursday and the other lasts just a few weeks longer….
Harper Collins Pre-Order for July 30, 2010 – Suspense
Harper Collins Pre-Order for August 24, 2010 – Suspense
Other Recently Added Page Turners
Erotica by Adair, Dominique
Not only is James Patterson the bestselling ebook author of all time with over 1.1 million copies sold, but he and his marketing team get it. Instead of whetting readers’ appetites with just a chapter or two, Patterson has been making a regular practice of providing real, meaty previews like this one — at 768 locations it’s longer than Stephen King’s expensive novella Billy Blockade. The full novel comes out July 26 and you can pre-order the full novel here, but you don’t have to wait until then to start reading the first few chapters by clicking here.
by Kay Kenyon – 4.3 out of 5 stars (27 customer reviews)
Starred Review. At the start of this riveting launch of a new far-future SF series from Kenyon (Tropic of Creation), a disastrous mishap during interstellar space travel catapults pilot Titus Quinn with his wife, Johanna Arlis, and nine-year-old daughter, Sydney, into a parallel universe called the Entire. Titus makes it back to this dimension, his hair turned white, his memory gone, his family presumed dead and his reputation ruined with the corporation that employed him. The corporation (in search of radical space travel methods) sends Titus (in search of Johanna and Sydney) back through the space-time warp. There, he gradually, painfully regains knowledge of its rulers, the cruel, alien Tarig; its subordinate, Chinese-inspired humanoid population, the Chalin; and his daughter’s enslavement. Titus’s transformative odyssey to reclaim Sydney reveals a Tarig plan whose ramifications will be felt far beyond his immediate family. Kenyon’s deft prose, high-stakes suspense and skilled, thorough world building will have readers anxious for the next installment. (Apr.)
Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
The Malacca Conspiracyby Don Brown – 5.0 out of 5 stars (4 customer reviews)Christian suspense fiction from the author of the Navy Justice series.
Crime and Suspense
Writing and Publishing
Contemporary FictionNonfiction/Leadership/Change/Reference/EssayChristian Spirituality and Christian Fiction
Science Fiction and Fantasy
Historical Fiction and Romance
Gay and Lesbian
Memoir, Biography, Personal Story
- Click here (or type “kindle nation daily” in your Kindle’s Kindle Store search field) to have Free Book Alerts pushed directly to your Kindle 24/7 with a 14-day free trial to the Kindle edition of Kindle Nation Daily, the #1 bestselling blog in the Kindle Store.
- “Free” in the Kindle Store refers, for now, to the price for download to US-based Kindles. Amazon may add charges for Kindles based beyond US borders.
- The best way to find out about these free listings right away, when they occur, is to subscribe to the Kindle edition of Kindle Nation Daily, which pushes Kindle Nation Daily Free Book Alerts directly to your Kindle Home screen 24/7. And in the case of many free listings that disappear within a matter of hours or days, “right away” is often just in time.
- No Kindle Required: Whether you are a long-time Kindle owner or you’ve just acquired an iPad and are filling it with ebooks for the first time or you are reading Kindle books on a PC, Mac, BlackBerry, iPhone or iPad Touch, you can get any and all of these titles absolutely free on your Kindle-compatible device of choice!
- Click here to download a free Kindle App for your device
(Sponsorship can take a number of different forms and implies no endorsement either of or by Kindle Nation or a sponsoring company or individual.)