- Make sure your Kindle is on.*
- Disconnect the Kindle from the USB or Power Adapter cable.
- Press the Home button on the right edge of the Kindle.
- From the Home screen, press the Menu button on the right edge of the Kindle.
- Select “Settings” from the Home Menu.
- From the Settings page, press the Menu button again.
- Select “Restart” from the Setting Menu.
- Wait a couple of minutes for your Kindle to Restart, then give your Kindle another few minutes to update files, blog posts, etc.
*If your Kindle does not come on, or seems frozen, connect it via its Power Adapter to a wall outlet and give it an hour to re-energize itself.
If you’re still hvaing problems, contact Kindle Support via the web or by calling 1-866-321-8851 (1-206-266-0927 outside the US).