New price for Kindle 3G with Special Offers is $139 – still no monthly fee or annual contract
Never pay for or hunt for a Wi-Fi hotspot
Amazon announced today that AT&T has agreed to sponsor Kindle 3G with Special Offers — the 3G version of the device we like to call the KINDEAL — and that it is now available at a new price of $139. Kindle 3G with Special Offers is the same as the $189 Kindle 3G, plus money-saving special offers and sponsored screensavers.
(However, if you are in the market for a brand new Kindle 3G, don’t miss out on Kindle Nation’s latest Kindle 3G giveaway sweepstakes, co-sponsored by bestselling novelist M.J. Rose. Just click here to check out her novel THE HALO EFFECT, the first book in the Butterfield Institute series, while it is priced at just 99 cents, then click here to enter our Kindle 3G sweepstakes! This will be the fourth Kindle we’ve given away this year at Kindle Nation.)*
“Kindle 3G is more convenient – customers never have to hunt for or pay for a Wi-Fi hotspot – they simply download and read books anytime, anywhere. Kindle 3G customers read 20 percent more books, and take advantage of twice as many special offers,” said Jeff Bezos, Founder and CEO, Amazon.com. “A big thank you to AT&T for helping to make the new $139 price possible.”
“Kindle 3G is by far the fastest-growing connected device on the AT&T network. We consistently hear from customers how much they enjoy the freedom of not being tied to a Wi-Fi hotspot and instead being able to download and read new books anytime, anywhere on AT&T’s fast, reliable network,” said Ralph de la Vega, President and CEO, AT&T Mobility and Consumer Markets. “We are excited to sponsor Amazon’s best Kindle – Kindle 3G with Special Offers – at the new lower price of only $139.”
Kindle 3G includes all the same features that helped make the third-generation Kindle the #1 bestselling e-reader in the world:
- Free 3G wireless, no annual contracts, no monthly fees
- Global 3G coverage means books in under 60 seconds in over 100 countries and territories
- Paper-like Pearl electronic ink display, no glare even in bright sunlight
- Lightweight body for hours of comfortable reading with one hand
- Kindle Store with over 950,000 books – largest selection of the most popular books
- Seamless integration with free “Buy Once, Read Everywhere” Kindle apps for iPad, iPod touch, iPhone, Android, PC, Mac, BlackBerry and Windows Phone
*No purchase is necessary to enter any Kindle Nation sweepstakes.