Okay, we’ve got good news and bad news. And then we’ve got some more good news.
For the past week, suspense novelist Karen Cantwell — author of the hilariously twisted Barbara Marr mysteries TAKE THE MONKEYS AND RUN and CITIZEN INSANE — has been helping us all out by sponsoring our first-ever weekly Kindle Nation KINDLE FIRE Sweepstakes.
We had 1,491 entries, and we had hundreds of winners.
Well, of course we had one big GRAND PRIZE winner. Kindle Nation citizen Mitzi Trout of Wichita, KS was randomly selected from all the entries to win a KINDLE FIRE tablet. We spoke to her on the phone this morning and although she was pretty excited, she was able to give us her shipping address so that we could place an order for her Kindle Fire. The Fire is slated to ship on November 15, and Amazon has confirmed for us that Mitzi’s will arrive at her home on November 16!
But hundreds of other participants are big winners, too, because they have had a chance to discover author Karen Cantwell. After all, it’s all about the reading here at Kindle Nation. (And just in case you are wondering, Karen paid the full cost of Mitzi’s new Kindle Fire. Every penny. What’s that? Did you ask me to repeat the links to Karen’s Barbara Marr mysteries TAKE THE MONKEYS AND RUN and CITIZEN INSANE? Okay then. Thanks for asking!)
Those who haven’t won a Kindle Fire yet — yep, there’s that bad news we mentioned — will not have to wallow in despair for long. Why? Because we have already opened up our Kindle Nation Week #2 KINDLE FIRE Giveaway Sweepstakes. The Week #2 Sweepstakes runs until noon on Sunday October 23, and entry details can be found at the end of this post.
But there’s another changing of the guard that we would be remiss not to mention: we have a brand new sponsor for Week #2, and those who have yet to discover the short story mastery of James Scott Bell are in for a special retreat. In particular, we’d like to draw your attention to a remarkable collection of a novella and three stories entitled One More Lie:
- “James Scott Bell is at his best in One More Lie. Fast paced, this novella will leave you breathless to the unforeseen end. Once I started reading I couldn’t put it down. Novel Rocket and I give it our highest recommendation. It’s a must read!”Ane Mulligan, V. P./Sr. EditorNovel Rocket
- “A Great Man” – The Reverend Mike Rickland was not expecting one of New Jersey’s most notorious mobsters to pay him a visit. All Angelo Scapelli wanted was to offer Mike’s church ten million dollars. On one condition.
- “Some Hero” – Garth Himmelfarb, middle aged and paunchy, was only trying to work off a few pounds by jogging in his neighborhood. He didn’t expect to help a woman in distress, a beautiful woman, a woman he could be a hero for. He didn’t expect to step in to a situation that could get him beaten up or killed. But he did.
- “How to Make Living as a Freelance Writer” – A struggling author, once popular, now on the way out, comes up with a last attempt to make enough money to live on as a writer . . . . and actually finds it. Let’s just say it’s not the “traditional” route.
- “James Scott Bell is a master storyteller. In a few short words he can make you care about a character, cause you to wave your hands in warning as they speed toward disaster, or root for them to win the day.” – Susan May Warren, bestselling author
- James Scott Bell is the #1 bestselling author of Plot & Structure (Writer’s Digest Books) and numerous novels and stories of suspense. Among these are Watch Your Back and Try Dying. Writing as K. Bennett he is also the author of the zombie legal thriller Pay Me in Flesh.
So … is that it?
Of course not!
Here are the details on the Kindle Nation Week #2 KINDLE FIRE Giveaway Sweepstakes:
There’s no purchase required, but we do need you to go to our Kindle Nation Facebook page and “Like” us. Give the page a few seconds to load, because for some reason it takes a little longer. Then just follow the prompts to enter the sweepstakes, and you’re done! (Of course, if you want to really improve your chances of winning by multiplying your good fortune by your good karma, we hope you’ll pick up both One More Lie and TAKE THE MONKEYS AND RUN. But like we say, there’s no purchase necessary.
Good luck! And happy reading!