Psychic or not, you’ll never see the end for this one coming! Emlyn Chand is pioneering “the next big thing” for YA.
— Emily Reese, author of Second Death
Here’s the set-up…
Alex Kosmitoras’s life has never been easy. The only other student who will talk to him is the school bully, his parents are dead-broke and insanely overprotective, and to complicate matters even more, he’s blind. Just when he thinks he’ll never have a shot at a normal life, a new girl from India moves into town. Simmi is smart, nice, and actually wants to be friends with Alex. Plus she smells like an Almond Joy bar. Yes, sophomore year might not be so bad after all.
Unfortunately, Alex is in store for another new arrival–an unexpected and often embarrassing ability to “see” the future. Try as he may, Alex is unable to ignore his visions, especially when they begin to suggest that Simmi is in danger. With the help of the mysterious psychic next door and new friends who come bearing gifts of their own, Alex must embark on a journey to change his future.
- Readers Favorite 5-Star Review Award Recipient
- Winner of the Alternative Booker Award, 2011
- Winner of the WritersType First Chapter Competition, September 2011
Praise for Farsighted…
- Alex Kosmitoras might not have a magic wand or vampiric strength and speed, but he is a totally swoon-worthy hero that any mom would be proud to let her daughter date. — Melissa Luznicky Garrett, author of Turning Point
- You don’t have to be psychic to know that Farsighted is going to take the world by storm. Vampires are so last year. — Kimberly Kinrade, author of Forbidden Mind
- I was surprised when I got lost in this story, the first time I looked up – I realized a couple of hours had passed and I’d gone through 75% of the book! I didn’t get up and take a break, I just dived back in. I read the book in one sitting, only pausing long enough to grab a drink once or twice… the ONLY other time I have done this is when I read the Harry Potter series. –Marie Bothwick, blogger at Write Panic Live
Emlyn Chand has always loved to hear and tell stories, having emerged from the womb with a fountain pen grasped firmly in her left hand (true story). When she’s not writing, she runs a large book club in Ann Arbor and is the president of author PR firm, Novel Publicity. Emlyn loves to connect with readers and is available throughout the social media interweb. Visit www.emlynchand.com for more info. Don’t forget to say “hi” to her sun conure Ducky!