Did you win a Kindle Fire tablet this week?
If you are Cathy Freilich of Richardson, Texas, you did. Cathy won hers on Monday in last week’s Kindle Nation Daily KINDLE FIRE Giveaway Sweepstakes, and when it arrives at her home today she will become the 19th citizen of Kindle Nation to win a Kindle Fire from us in the past few months.
But we’d like for you to be one of about 50 people who will win one of these Kindle Fire tablets from us in 2012, and all you have to do is follow the extremely easy steps at the end of this post to have a great chance to win.
But first, a word from … Today’s Sponsor
Like each one of our weekly sweepstakes, this week’s giveaway is sponsored by a talented author who has proven to be a favorite with our readers. In Leah’s Wake author Terri Giuliano Long is springing for the Kindle Fire that could very well end up with your name on it, so it only makes sense to pay it forward and stimulate both your karma and your imagination at the same time by chancing .99 cents to grace your Kindle with a novel that has 94 out of 158 rave reviews discriminating readers like us.
Here’s the scoop on In Leah’s Wake:
by Terri Giuliano Long
3.5 stars – 158 Reviews
Text-to-Speech and Lending: Enabled
Protecting their children comes naturally for Zoe and Will Tyler–until their daughter Leah decides to actively destroy her own future.
Leah grew up in a privileged upper-middle class world. Her parents spared no expense for her happiness; she had all-but secured an Ivy League scholarship and a future as a star athlete. Then she met Todd.
Leah’s parents watch helplessly as their daughter falls into a world of drugs, sex, and wild parties. While Will attempts to control his daughter’s every move to prevent her from falling deeper into this dangerous new life, Zoe prefers to give Leah slack in the hope that she may learn from her mistakes. Their divided approach drives their daughter out of their home and a wedge into their marriage.
Twelve-year-old Justine observes Leah’s rebellion from the shadows of their fragmented family. She desperately seeks her big sister’s approval and will do whatever it takes to obtain it. Meanwhile she is left to question whether her parents love her and whether God even knows she exists.
What happens when love just isn’t enough? Who will pay the consequences of Leah’s vagrant lifestyle? Can this broken family survive the destruction left in Leah’s wake?
- IN LEAH’S WAKE: Winner of the CTRR, Reviewer Recommend Award
- BOOK BUNDLZ 2011 BOOK PICK
- BOOK BUNDLZ 2011 BOOK CLUB FAVORITES, FIRST PLACE
- “Terri Giuliano Long writes about the complexities of marriage and parenting . . . pulled me right along, as I continued to make comparisons to my own life.”–Jennifer Donovan, Managing Editor 5 Minutes For Books
- In Leah’s Wake is beautifully written, haunting, fascinating, and a book that has a lot to say, a lot to teach you, without getting preachy. –Haley Stokes, Triumphal Writing
A wonderful job of plotting and characterization in this debut novel. Poignant, thoughtful, well-written – lots to relate to here and much to think about as the story unfolds. Ms. Long has a wonderful career ahead of her, and I look forward to her next book!
– Molly Greene, Amazon Reviewer, 5 Stars
Very well written. In Leah’s Wake draws the reader in at the beginning and doesn’t let you go. With it’s many twists and turns, this is an incredible book about one family and the teen-age exploits that threaten to tear then apart. I look forward to reading more by Terri Giuliano Long.
– Amazon Reviewer, 5 Stars
Terri loves connecting with people who share her passions. She can be reached on her website (tglong.com), blog (tglong.com/blog), Facebook page (facebook.com/tglongwrites) or on Twitter (twitter.com/tglong).
And here, just in case you forgot are the details on how to
Enter Our KINDLE FIRE Giveaway Sweepstakes:
- There’s no purchase required, but we do need you to go to our Kindle Nation Facebook page and “Like” us if you have not done so already.
- You’ll need to do this on a computer rather than a smartphone, and you should give the page a few seconds to load, because for some reason it takes a little longer.
- Then just follow the prompts to enter the sweepstakes, and you’re done!
- Limit of one entry per weekly sweepstakes, but feel free to enter every single week!
Good luck! And happy reading!