Like A Little Romance?
Then you’ll love our magical Kindle book search tools that will help you find these great bargains in the Romance category:
And for the next week all of these great reading choices are sponsored by our Brand New Romance of the Week, Love at Absolute Zero, so please check it out!
by Christopher Meeks
Love At Absolute Zero is a comic romance about Gunnar Gunderson, a 32-year-old star physicist at the University of Wisconsin who’s determined to meet his soul mate within three days using the Scientific Method. Channeling his inner salmon for speed dating, he accidentally steps on the toes of a visiting Danish schoolteacher—who turns his life upside down.
- “A deeply resonant read that manages to be funny without sacrificing its gravity. Highly recommended!” –Heather Figearo, Raging Bibliomania
- “Thermodynamics are nothing; it’s that love thing that is so frustratingly hard to figure out. ‘Love at Absolute Zero’ is an excellent read that is very much worth considering, highly recommended!” –Midwest Book Review
- “It is a given, now, that Christopher Meeks is a master craftsman as a writer…. [The novel] is a gift–and one of the many that continue to emerge from the pen and mind and brilliant trait for finding the humor in life that makes him so genuinely fine a writer.” –Grady Harp, Amazon Top-Ten Reviewer
- “It is impossible not to like Gunnar Gunderson. As he progresses from one disaster or near miss to the next, one views him with a mixture of compassion and laughter, but he is such a good-hearted young man that it is impossible not to root for him.” –Sam Sattler, Book Chase, who placed it in Top Ten Best Fiction 2011
- “As engaging as it is amusing, ‘Love at Absolute Zero’ is, ultimately, a heartfelt study of the tension between the head and heart, science and emotion, calculation and chance.” –Marc Schuster, Small Press Reviews
- “The author hit a home run. It’s a very good story, very well told.” –Jim Chambers, Red Adept Reviews – Selected in Top Three Romances 2011 by Red Adept Reviews
About The Author
Christopher Meeks was born in Minnesota, earned degrees from the University of Denver and USC, and has lived in Los Angeles since 1977. He’s taught English at Santa Monica College, and creative writing at CalArts, UCLA Extension, Art Center College of Design, and USC. His fiction has appeared often in Rosebud magazine as well as other literary journals, and his books have won several awards. His short works have been collected into two volumes, “The Middle-Aged Man and the Sea” and “Months and Seasons,” the latter which appeared on the long list for the Frank O’Connor International Short Story Award. He’s had three plays produced, and “Who Lives?: A Drama” is published. His focus is now on longer fiction. His first novel is “The Brightest Moon of the Century,” and his second, “Love At Absolute Zero.”
(This is a sponsored post.)