YA Book of The Day:
The Only Study Guide You’ll Ever Need: Simple tips, tricks and techniques to help you ace your studies and pass your exams!
We’ve all been there: a new school year starts and there’s 8 months till your exams – that’s plenty of time, right? Then there’s 6 months, 3 months, 1 month and oh, now there’s 2 weeks left and you haven’t started studying…
What happens next is a panic-induced mayhem of highlighting everything in the textbook (without even questioning if it’s actually helpful). But I’m here to help you change this!
In The Only Study Guide You’ll Ever Need, I’ll cover a range of different topics including:
· How to get started and pick up that pen
· Learning techniques that actually work (hello, science of memory!)
· The dos and don’ts of timetabling
· And combatting fear of failure, perfectionism, exam stress and so much more!
As a fellow student now at university, I definitely don’t have a PhD in Exam Etiquette but this is the book younger me needed. All I wanted was one place that had a variety of tried-and-tested methods with reassurance from someone who had recently been through the education system. The Only Study Guide You’ll Ever Need is just that, and I have collected the best techniques and tools I wish I’d known earlier to help you get through your studies and smash your exams!
Today’s Book of The Day is sponsored by this week’s Kids’ eBook of The Week:
Anxiety Relief for Teens: Essential CBT Skills and Self-Care Practices to Overcome Anxiety and Stress
Is anxiety disrupting your life? With proven CBT-based skills and mindfulness techniques, this book can be your guide out of the spiraling stress of anxiety and get you back on track to living a happy and healthy life.
Getting good grades, keeping up with social media, maintaining friendships… you have a lot on your plate and it’s more difficult when you add anxiety to the mix. You may even be avoiding situations, events, or people that could trigger your anxiety. So, how do you stop yourself from missing out on life? With Anxiety Relief for Teens, Dr. Regine Galanti teaches you how CBT-based skills and mindfulness techniques can help you manage your anxiety and reverse negative patterns. Through simple and effective exercises that help you change your thoughts, behaviors, and physical reactions, this helpful guide gives you the tools you need to navigate all of life’s challenges.
Anxiety Relief for Teens features:
• Quizzes and self-assessments to better understand your anxiety and emotions and discover their respective triggers.
• 30+ CBT-based tools to manage your anxiety along with practical strategies for dealing with challenging emotions such as anger and sadness.
• 30+ mindfulness practices to cope with your anxiety in the present moment through visualizations, breathing, meditation, and other exercises.