If you happen to have Notepad, Converter, Flip It, or Tic Tac Toe on your Kindle, then you may not know it, but there is a good chance that you are a fan of the amazing Seven Dragons app development team, which happens to be led by my colleague Abhi Singh, who is an occasional Kindle Nation sponsor. I’ll admit that although 99% of my Kindle use is involved with reading, I really appreciate how easy the Seven Dragons tools make it to get the most out of my Kindle in other ways.
And now they’ve come out with a truly elegant Calculator tool that may astonish you with all it can do — and all for a one-time charge of just 99 cents!
Here are the main features as described by the Seven Dragons team, and some hidden functionality that I would never have expected in a Kindle Calculator app!
- Easy to Use.
- Fast. No images so it loads in a few seconds on all Kindles. Moving around in the app and moving the cursor around are also very fast.
- User Friendly. There’s an Undo feature that lets you ‘undo’ steps. Use DEL key to delete digits one at a time. Use the history page to refer to your last 10 calculations and the last 10 numbers you saved in Memory.
- Flexible. Choose from 3 font sizes and two themes. There are shortcuts displayed next to the buttons to help you – you can choose to hide them.
- Clear & Easy to Understand. Help in the Calculator App (Menu > Help and Menu > Shortcuts List) explains each function and lists the shortcuts available to you. The Kindle Calculator help documents listed below walk you through how to best use Calculator for Kindle.
It’s a simple and fast app that lets you do all your calculations on the Kindle.
Please Note: Kindle lets you do calculations by typing in 5 * 6 and pressing Enter/Search. The first search result is the answer of the calculation. Having a dedicated Calculator app lets you do things in an easier way and it provides various additional benefits described below and in the Help Videos. If you don’t want to spend $1 on a Calculator app you can perhaps get by with the in-built Kindle method.
Kindle Calculator – Help Documents
Please choose ‘Kindle Format’ if you want to read on your Kindle. PDF and Word formats are the ones to choose if you want to read Help on your PC.
Kindle Calculator Help Documents include –
- All Kindle Calculator Help files in 1 file – Kindle Calculator Help (Kindle Format), Kindle Calculator Help (PDF), and Kindle Calculator Help Files (Word).
- How to use Kindle Calculator – Using Kindle Calculator (Kindle Format), Using Kindle Calculator (PDF), and Using Kindle Calculator App (Word format).
- Kindle Calculator Sample Calculations (How to use each function) – Kindle Calculator Calculations Guide (Kindle Format), Calculator Calculations Examples (PDF format), and Kindle Calculator Examples (Word Format).
- Kindle Calculator Questions & Answers – Kindle Calculator Q&A (Kindle Format), Kindle Calculator Q&A (PDF), and Kindle Calculator Q&A (Word).
Please feel free to email us at email@example.com (or to leave a comment below) if you have any further questions.
Kindle Calculator – Help Videos
Please check the Kindle Calculator Videos page which covers various features of the Calculator Kindle App.
That page misbehaves sometimes. Tomorrow I’ll add video links to another site that’s more stable (Vimeo).
Kindle Calculator – Availability
Kindle Calculator Works with: Kindle 2, Kindle 3, Kindle WiFi, Kindle DX, Kindle DX 2. Basically, every Kindle except the Kindle 1 (original model).
Kindle Calculator does not work with: Kindle Reading Apps such as Kindle for PC. It does not work with Kindle 1. It is not available if you live outside the US (right now Kindle Apps are not available internationally).