LIVE FROM YOUR CLASS: Everything I Learned About Teaching, I Learned from Working at Saturday Night Live to Increase Student Engagement by Teaching to Change Lives
by Jamie Mason Cohen
High-School Teachers, Look No Further!
What’s the one trait students universally say they want in a teacher?
A sense of humour. This practical and entertaining book shows teachers how they can specifically bring more humour into students’ lives because when they’re laughing, they’re learning.
In Jamie Mason Cohen’s super, easy-to-read and entertaining style he applies the stories from his time at Saturday Night Live to his decade-long award-winning teaching career. He is a TED-Huff Post International Teaching Award recipient and TEDx speaker. It is a book that inspires yet is grounded in actionable strategies.
The author has drawn on his fascinating contacts in the world of comedy, magic, human rights and psychology to make applicable connections that can transform not just any classroom, but also the mindset of any teacher.
Humour in a class equals increased student engagement, less stress on the teacher and student, and better overall results. Jamie Mason Cohen shows that any teacher can add more light, fun and creativity in their classroom through strategies tested for years and backed by real data.
Personal Benefits for the Teacher
- Go from feeling burned out to energized in your classes.
- Offers new, fresh creative approaches to your professional growth.
- Provides practical learner-centered lessons to give you more balance.
This is What You’ll Learn…
- Create a space where students are inspired to learn and start projects ahead of time because they can’t wait to investigate the subject.
- Help students feel more connected to their peers and the class.
- Contribute to learners feeling happier and more emotionally content.
- How to apply stories from your life in a compelling and relevant way to dramatically increase student engagement.
- Instantly access a humour-based lesson plan for any class.
You’ll Solve the Following Problems:
- How to aid teenagers from feeling overwhelmed during exam time so they manage their emotions and improve their grades.
- How to deal with the class clown so he/she becomes a positive class leader.
- How to turn your concern that a student hasn’t found his/her place in your class into contentment through a group work strategy.
The strategies in this book have the power to turn the most toxic classroom culture into a learning environment where creativity and a love of learning thrive.
* * *
Never miss another great sale again – Free and Bargain eBooks & Apps delivered straight to your email everyday! Subscribe now! http://www.bookgorilla.com/kcc
* * *
Each day’s Kindle Daily Deal is sponsored by one paid title on Kindle Nation. We encourage you to support our sponsors and thank you for considering them.