Promises to Keep
“A wonderful work of contemporary romance, with a plot ripped straight from the headlines. Kathryn Shay never disappoints.” NY Times bestselling author Lisa Gardner.
When by-the-book Secret Service Agent Joe Stonehouse and unpredictable Secret Service Agent Luke Ludzecky go under cover in a high school which has been flagged by their School Threat Assessment Team as having the potential for violence, they expect their differences will cause them conflict. What they don’t expect are the two women who blow their careful plan apart. Suzanna Quinn is the principal and hates being attracted to the new school psychologist, and worse, thirty year old Social Studies teacher Kelsey Cunningham is horrified by her feelings for Luke, her new “student.” But the very real threat of school violence from more than one student forces them to work together and face their feelings for each other. Suicide, gang warfare and bullying all play a part as this stunning drama unfolds.
- "In one of life's greatest ironies, Joe Stonehouse, secret service agent, the man who'd always protected his family, is away on assignment when a fellow high-school student shoots and kills his beloved niece. Now part of the special School Threat Assessment Team, Joe uses his credentials as a clinical psychologist to help in his role as Fairholm High's school counselor, while youthful-looking agent Luke Ludzecky, masquerading as Joe's rebellious nephew, completes his cover. Principal Suzanna Quinn is furious to find out that the new staff member is actually a secret service agent, but a student's suicide note warns of plans to commit violent acts, so she reluctantly goes along with the charade. As they work together, Suzanna's resentment of Joe evaporates, and mutual respect turns to love. Shay does an admirable job with a difficult subject, writing about school violence with sensitivity and realism and without shying away from any of the hard issues, such as the balance between the students' protection and their civil liberties." Shelley Mosley, BOOKLIST
- "Shay does an admirable job with a difficult subject, writing about school violence with sensitivity and realism and without shying away from any of the hard issues, such as the balance between the students' protection and their civil liberties." Shelley Mosley Booklist
- “Kathryn Shay’s storytelling grabbed me on page one and her characters held me until the very last word.” Barbara Bretton, USA bestselling author.
- “Kathryn Shay is a master of her craft. PROMISES TO KEEP will hold you on the edge of your seat with an ending you’ll remember long after you turn the last page.” USA Today bestselling author Catherine Anderson.
- “These are all living breathing people you might meet anywhere at any time. The action and suspense balance well with the love, so that neither plot is skimped upon. I eagerly await her next release.” Huntress Reviews
And here’s a free sample!
(This is a sponsored post.)