Kindle Free Book Alert for August 14: 390 brand new Freebies in the last 24 hours added to Our 4,200+ Free Titles sorted by Category, Date Added, Bestselling or Review Rating! plus … Charles P. Ries’s THE FATHERS WE FIND (Today’s Sponsor – 99 cents)

Powered by our magical Kindle free book tool, here are this morning’s latest additions to our 4,200+ Kindle Free Book listings. Occasionally a title will continue to appear on this list for a short time after it is no longer free on Kindle. ALWAYS check the price on Amazon before making a purchase, please! If a book is free, you should see the following: Kindle Price: $0.00
But first, a word from ... Today's Sponsor
Charles Ries’ story of his youth and family life is full of colorful characters, evocative details, episodes both harrowing and humorous, and subtle wisdom. Every family – every life – should have a chronicler as honest, clear-eyed, and loving as Charles Ries.
Larry Watson, Author
by Charles P. Ries
5.0 stars - 5 Reviews
Text-to-Speech and Lending: Enabled
Here's the set-up:
“Few authors capture the narrative voice with the perfect balance of self-deprecating humor and poignant insight that Charles Ries brings to THE FATHERS WE FIND. Ries' account of a small-town farm boy set against the backdrop of the Civil Rights Movement and the Vietnam War combines humor and heart to create a truly remarkable memior. The narrator stumbles his way to enlightenment with help from a series of delightful men in a journey that is hilarious and nostalgic.”

Camille N. Cline, Editor
One Reviewer Notes:
Charles Ries' The Father's We Find reminds me of Frank McCourt's (Angela's Ashes, "Tis, Teacher Man) memoirs with their keen attention to character and strong voice. Ries' characters' voices are ring loud and clear, I can hear them calling, long after putting the book down. When I read a book that resonates with my experiences, one wrought with so much care and detail, I know that this is a winner. When characters follow me for days after reading, when I'm sad to see the story end, I know this is true.
Karl Huston, Author
UK CUSTOMERS: Click on the title below to download
THE FATHERS WE FIND
Each day’s list is sponsored by one paid title. We encourage you to support our sponsors and thank you for considering them.
Authors and Publishers: Interested in learning more about sponsorship? Just click on this link for more information.
Free Contemporary Titles in the Kindle Store
Welcome to Kindle Nation’s magical and revolutionary Free Book Search Tool — automatically updated and refreshed in real time, now with Category Search! Use the drop-down menu (in red caps next to the menu bar near the top of the page) to search for free Kindle books by genre or category, then sort the list just the way you want it — by date added, bestselling, or review rating! But there’s no need to sort by price — because they’re all free!
« Previous Page
Only one page of results to display
Next Page »
Loading
*
*
*For verification purposes only
Deep in the dark recesses of Maine’s North Woods lay a secret buried in time. Chance Phillips, Outdoor Contributor with The Tranton Times, finds more than the vast beauty of the majestic forest while on her leisurely hiking assignment. When a noise leads Chance astray, her life would forever be...
Read more »
Preview
Report Report Bad Listing
*
*
*For verification purposes only
The Guardian of hybrids, Red, carries the great burden of watching over his kind and seeing to their development as these humans discover they have supernatural abilities, but Red is finding it more difficult since he’s broken a law that has weakened his powers. It’s forbidden for the Guardian...
Read more »
Pull (Sanctuary Book 1)
By: Amanda Miga
Added:
Preview
Report Report Bad Listing
*
*
*For verification purposes only
Scarlett`s sin would always be the most immoral of acts possible… most people wouldn’t call loving an angel a sin, but for Scarlett, it would be one she enjoyed to the fullest. In a life filled with paranormal creatures from legends… will Scarlett become who she is meant to be? Or will she...
Read more »
Preview
Report Report Bad Listing
*
*
*For verification purposes only
A modern day Divine Comedy which ends rather differently. Jarrod finally meets the girl of his dreams at Waterloo Station on a Friday night, waiting for the next train to Brighton. He falls in love instantly, though Cassandra’s response is at first more ambiguous. He thinks that he...
Read more »
The Department of Hate - A Love Story
By: Anthony O'connor
Added:
Preview
Report Report Bad Listing
*
*
*For verification purposes only
A beautiful reporter and a charming rancher are caught in a web of mayhem, murder. . .and lust. Reporter Sawyer Cahill returns home to Cheyenne, Texas to report for the local television station. But leaving behind the coverage of San Antonio's gangland murders only lands her in the...
Read more »
Winterkill
By: P.H. Turner
Added:
Preview
Report Report Bad Listing
*
*
*For verification purposes only
The enigmatic, ethereally handsome, aristocratic Gabriel Augustine, professor of Nineteenth Century English Literature at St. Giles College in Oxford, England, is a man with many secrets. And it is not his vampiric nature that is his most deeply held secret. Though few know he is vampire, not...
Read more »
The Vampire's Passion
By: Monica Knightley
Added:
Preview
Report Report Bad Listing
*
*
*For verification purposes only
When he held my hand I felt safe, protected, as though no one on this earth could ever hurt me. When he held my hand I was the happiest I had ever been. And it frightened me. Surely one person wasn't entitled to so much happiness? What happened when the universe realised its mistake? When it tried...
Read more »
Preview
Report Report Bad Listing
*
*
*For verification purposes only
‘Ten Must-See Sights: Athens’ does exactly what it says on the tin, giving you the background and history on the city’s top ten ‘must-see’ attractions, plus essential information on opening times and location. We don’t fill endless pages with hard-to-read maps and...
Read more »
Ten Must-See Sights: Athens
By: Mark Green
Added:
Preview
Report Report Bad Listing
*
*
*For verification purposes only
Jersey girl and beauty shop owner Annie Addison is ready to enjoy the quiet off-season in her beachside town. When a long-time resident drops dead, all unmanicured fingers point to Annie. Teaming up with a friend, she’ll do whatever it takes to solve this mystery. Can her amateur sleuthing...
Read more »
Preview
Report Report Bad Listing
*
*
*For verification purposes only
This is a story about Uncle Rooster and what happens to him in his daily life. He is a bit clumsy sometimes you know...Humor..primary school age...
Read more »
Uncle Rooster Adventures !
By: Elena Walker
Added:
Preview
Report Report Bad Listing
« Previous Page
Only one page of results to display
Next Page »

Tags: ,

References to prices on this website refer to prices on the main Amazon.com website for US customers. Prices will vary for readers located outside the US, and prices for US customers may change at any time. Always check the price on Amazon before making a purchase.

Subscribe

to KND's FREE Email Newsletters!

Great deals, free excerpts, tips & more

Get Free Books & Bargain Bestsellers at bookgorilla.com