Kindle Free Book Alert for August 14: 390 brand new Freebies in the last 24 hours added to Our 4,200+ Free Titles sorted by Category, Date Added, Bestselling or Review Rating! plus … Charles P. Ries’s THE FATHERS WE FIND (Today’s Sponsor – 99 cents)

Powered by our magical Kindle free book tool, here are this morning’s latest additions to our 4,200+ Kindle Free Book listings. Occasionally a title will continue to appear on this list for a short time after it is no longer free on Kindle. ALWAYS check the price on Amazon before making a purchase, please! If a book is free, you should see the following: Kindle Price: $0.00
But first, a word from ... Today's Sponsor
Charles Ries’ story of his youth and family life is full of colorful characters, evocative details, episodes both harrowing and humorous, and subtle wisdom. Every family – every life – should have a chronicler as honest, clear-eyed, and loving as Charles Ries.
Larry Watson, Author
by Charles P. Ries
5.0 stars - 5 Reviews
Text-to-Speech and Lending: Enabled
Here's the set-up:
“Few authors capture the narrative voice with the perfect balance of self-deprecating humor and poignant insight that Charles Ries brings to THE FATHERS WE FIND. Ries' account of a small-town farm boy set against the backdrop of the Civil Rights Movement and the Vietnam War combines humor and heart to create a truly remarkable memior. The narrator stumbles his way to enlightenment with help from a series of delightful men in a journey that is hilarious and nostalgic.”

Camille N. Cline, Editor
One Reviewer Notes:
Charles Ries' The Father's We Find reminds me of Frank McCourt's (Angela's Ashes, "Tis, Teacher Man) memoirs with their keen attention to character and strong voice. Ries' characters' voices are ring loud and clear, I can hear them calling, long after putting the book down. When I read a book that resonates with my experiences, one wrought with so much care and detail, I know that this is a winner. When characters follow me for days after reading, when I'm sad to see the story end, I know this is true.
Karl Huston, Author
UK CUSTOMERS: Click on the title below to download
THE FATHERS WE FIND
Each day’s list is sponsored by one paid title. We encourage you to support our sponsors and thank you for considering them.
Authors and Publishers: Interested in learning more about sponsorship? Just click on this link for more information.
Free Contemporary Titles in the Kindle Store
Welcome to Kindle Nation’s magical and revolutionary Free Book Search Tool — automatically updated and refreshed in real time, now with Category Search! Use the drop-down menu (in red caps next to the menu bar near the top of the page) to search for free Kindle books by genre or category, then sort the list just the way you want it — by date added, bestselling, or review rating! But there’s no need to sort by price — because they’re all free!
« Previous Page
Only one page of results to display
Next Page »
Loading
*
*
*For verification purposes only
Big T - Violent, dangerous, living the gangsta life in Denver, CO. Would the hunger and emptiness inside ever be filled?...
Read more »
Big T: From the Ghetto to God
By: Lorna Dunross
Added:
Preview
Report Report Bad Listing
*
*
*For verification purposes only
DR. JAMES W. PEARSON, ACSW, LPC - Graduate Professor and former Mental Health Center Director - "As a professional counselor and educator for over thirty years, directing a mental health center and teaching on a graduate and undergraduate level, I have had the opportunity...
Read more »
Preview
Report Report Bad Listing
*
*
*For verification purposes only
Do You Want to Learn How to Grow Organic Vegetables? The Homesteading Handbook vol. 2 provides the information you need to know in order to grow an organic vegetable garden in your backyard. A good organic garden is the key to a great homestead. Follow the...
Read more »
Preview
Report Report Bad Listing
*
*
*For verification purposes only
Peace can be yours for keeps, if you’ll only learn the powerful practice of mindfulness. This book presents a straightforward approach to achieving a more mindful state by incorporating simple meditations into your day. They take mere minutes to perform and the rewards are plentiful. ...
Read more »
Preview
Report Report Bad Listing
*
*
*For verification purposes only
“Knowing God in Prison” is a clear and powerful presentation of the gospel written for those in jail or prison. With precise and compelling biblical language the book explains God’s great salvation through Jesus’ death on the cross. The splendor of the gospel is that “Christ died for...
Read more »
Knowing God in Prison
By: Steven R. Cook
Added:
Preview
Report Report Bad Listing
*
*
*For verification purposes only
What's the big deal about prayer? Is it really of any value to Christians? In this book you will discover the critical reasons why Christians must make prayer a daily part of their lives. Michael Caputo Minister since 1985. Author of the award-winning book, God Seen Through the...
Read more »
What's the Big Deal About Prayer?
By: Michael Caputo
Added:
Preview
Report Report Bad Listing
*
*
*For verification purposes only
Promises and Prayers for the Broken will inspire and encourage you to regain your faith and hope in a future full of joy and happiness. This world is full of things that can break us and it may even seem at times that this brokenness is the end. Ginnifer Waters encourages readers to look beyond...
Read more »
Promises and Prayers: For the Broken
By: Ginnifer Waters
Added:
Preview
Report Report Bad Listing
*
*
*For verification purposes only
Many people tell Christians: "I wish I had your faith!" Others reject the concept of faith altogether and see it as a meaningless crutch for the weak. Bible teacher, missionary and radio broadcaster, Brian Johnston's conversational and down to earth approach takes a look at some of...
Read more »
Preview
Report Report Bad Listing
*
*
*For verification purposes only
Essential Oils A Beginner’s Guide to Essential Oils and Aromatherapy: 25 Recipes to Help with Weight Loss, Skin Care, and Hair Care Inside this guide you will find 25 recipes for different essential oil blends and their potential spiritual uses. Whether you're...
Read more »
Preview
Report Report Bad Listing
*
*
*For verification purposes only
Reverend Louis B. Hadley sermonizes on topics ranging from celibacy to suffering to God's Plan to Armageddon and guides his flock through the perils of life and keeps them on the path to righteousness and the Promised Land....
Read more »
Fifty-Two Sundays
By: Jon Lindeman
Added:
Preview
Report Report Bad Listing
« Previous Page
Only one page of results to display
Next Page »

Tags: ,

References to prices on this website refer to prices on the main Amazon.com website for US customers. Prices will vary for readers located outside the US, and prices for US customers may change at any time. Always check the price on Amazon before making a purchase.

Subscribe

to KND's FREE Email Newsletters!

Great deals, free excerpts, tips & more

Get Free Books & Bargain Bestsellers at bookgorilla.com