Kindle Free Book Alert for August 14: 390 brand new Freebies in the last 24 hours added to Our 4,200+ Free Titles sorted by Category, Date Added, Bestselling or Review Rating! plus … Charles P. Ries’s THE FATHERS WE FIND (Today’s Sponsor – 99 cents)

Powered by our magical Kindle free book tool, here are this morning’s latest additions to our 4,200+ Kindle Free Book listings. Occasionally a title will continue to appear on this list for a short time after it is no longer free on Kindle. ALWAYS check the price on Amazon before making a purchase, please! If a book is free, you should see the following: Kindle Price: $0.00
But first, a word from ... Today's Sponsor
Charles Ries’ story of his youth and family life is full of colorful characters, evocative details, episodes both harrowing and humorous, and subtle wisdom. Every family – every life – should have a chronicler as honest, clear-eyed, and loving as Charles Ries.
Larry Watson, Author

THE FATHERS WE FIND

by Charles P. Ries

5.0 stars - 5 Reviews
Text-to-Speech and Lending: Enabled
Here's the set-up:
“Few authors capture the narrative voice with the perfect balance of self-deprecating humor and poignant insight that Charles Ries brings to THE FATHERS WE FIND. Ries' account of a small-town farm boy set against the backdrop of the Civil Rights Movement and the Vietnam War combines humor and heart to create a truly remarkable memior. The narrator stumbles his way to enlightenment with help from a series of delightful men in a journey that is hilarious and nostalgic.”

Camille N. Cline, Editor
One Reviewer Notes:
Charles Ries' The Father's We Find reminds me of Frank McCourt's (Angela's Ashes, "Tis, Teacher Man) memoirs with their keen attention to character and strong voice. Ries' characters' voices are ring loud and clear, I can hear them calling, long after putting the book down. When I read a book that resonates with my experiences, one wrought with so much care and detail, I know that this is a winner. When characters follow me for days after reading, when I'm sad to see the story end, I know this is true.
Karl Huston, Author
UK CUSTOMERS: Click on the title below to download
THE FATHERS WE FIND
Each day’s list is sponsored by one paid title. We encourage you to support our sponsors and thank you for considering them.
Authors and Publishers: Interested in learning more about sponsorship? Just click on this link for more information.
Free Contemporary Titles in the Kindle Store
Welcome to Kindle Nation’s magical and revolutionary Free Book Search Tool — automatically updated and refreshed in real time, now with Category Search! Use the drop-down menu (in red caps next to the menu bar near the top of the page) to search for free Kindle books by genre or category, then sort the list just the way you want it — by date added, bestselling, or review rating! But there’s no need to sort by price — because they’re all free!
« Previous Page
Only one page of results to display
Next Page »
Loading
*
*
*For verification purposes only
Hydroponics at HomeDownload This Great Book Today! Read On Your Computer, MAC, Smartphone, Kindle Reader, iPad, or Tablet! FREE BONUS INCLUDED INSIDE!Hydroponic gardening is the art and science of growing plants without the use of soil. This method of gardening has...
Read more »
Preview
Report Report Bad Listing
*
*
*For verification purposes only
INCLUDES 23 SUPER STEAMY ROMANCE BOOKS!!!!! From the moment Tricia and Adam met, they knew they were destined to be together. But now that their relationship has become routine, they mutually decide that they want more.... together..... Brianne, a beautiful and...
Read more »
SHIFTER MATING SEASON COLLECTION
By: A. Fisher
Added:
Preview
Report Report Bad Listing
*
*
*For verification purposes only
BUYING FOR LOVE OR FOR MONEY? CAN AN ARRANGED MARRIAGE BECOME THE LOVE AND PASSION OF YOUR LIFE? A HOT AND SEXY ALPHA BILLIONAIRE ROMANCE PERFECT FOR BILLIONAIRE ROMANCE FANS Get 2,3,4 and more FREE ROMANCE BOOKS!.....See inside book for details!...no cliff-hanger’s! GET THIS...
Read more »
Preview
Report Report Bad Listing
*
*
*For verification purposes only
Are you looking for an easy to follow, no nonsense approach to eating lean meats, fresh fruits and vegetables?Mr. and Mrs. Slovak have spent years testing the best foods and most delicious recipes in Italy, Greece, and France! They've gathered an incredible assortment of over 100...
Read more »
Preview
Report Report Bad Listing
*
*
*For verification purposes only
***** What a difference!"I found this book to be inspiring, which is odd because I don't like to clean. Love the information on digital clutter which is often overlooked problem of mine.  The process has been liberating and I feel I can breathe in my house...
Read more »
Preview
Report Report Bad Listing
*
*
*For verification purposes only
All Rachel wants is to pass Professor Thane's class and keep her scholarship. When the handsome head of the History Department calls her to his office long after everyone else has gone home, she fears the worst, but what Thane has in store is a surprise beyond her wildest fantasies and darkest...
Read more »
Night Class
By: Hannah Crow
Added:
Preview
Report Report Bad Listing
*
*
*For verification purposes only
Ladies, Because We Love our Readers We Included 20 + Free Books * * * * FREE DOWNLOAD with Kindle Unlimited! * * * * Allison is an everyday woman. There is nothing extravagant about her life but she is content. As part owner of a small bakery...
Read more »
Preview
Report Report Bad Listing
*
*
*For verification purposes only
Bare Naked Designs, #2 Are you willing to risk it all and give in to temptation? Carrie Taylor can't believe her luck. Along with her own lingerie line she's now the proud owner of Satin and Lace, a specialty lingerie store. She has everything she's ever wanted. . ...
Read more »
Preview
Report Report Bad Listing
*
*
*For verification purposes only
Getting Your FREE BonusDownload this book, read it to the end and see "BONUS: Your FREE Gift" chapter after the conclusion.Survival Box Set: Take Yourself Out Safe And Alive With Ultimate 20-Mega-Books Bundle (FREE Bonus...
Read more »
Survival Box Set: Take Yourself Out Safe And Alive With Ultimate 20-Mega-Books Bundle: (Survival Gear, Survivalist, Survival Tips, Preppers Survival Guide, ... hunting, fishing, pr
By: B.V. Tockler, Hunter Gerald, Pamela Loft, Nadene Kinney, Pamela Parker, Tony Creighton, Max Blackburn, Levar Bancroft, Robert Hoffman
Added:
Preview
Report Report Bad Listing
*
*
*For verification purposes only
Getting Your FREE BonusDownload this book, read it to the end and see "BONUS: Your FREE Gift" chapter after the conclusion.Survival Herbal MedicineThese Medicinal Plants Will Save Your Life In Wilderness!When...
Read more »
Preview
Report Report Bad Listing
« Previous Page
Only one page of results to display
Next Page »

Tags: ,

References to prices on this website refer to prices on the main Amazon.com website for US customers. Prices will vary for readers located outside the US, and prices for US customers may change at any time. Always check the price on Amazon before making a purchase.

Subscribe

to KND's FREE Email Newsletters!

Great deals, free excerpts, tips & more

Get Free Books & Bargain Bestsellers at bookgorilla.com