Kindle Free Book Alert for August 14: 390 brand new Freebies in the last 24 hours added to Our 4,200+ Free Titles sorted by Category, Date Added, Bestselling or Review Rating! plus … Charles P. Ries’s THE FATHERS WE FIND (Today’s Sponsor – 99 cents)

Powered by our magical Kindle free book tool, here are this morning’s latest additions to our 4,200+ Kindle Free Book listings. Occasionally a title will continue to appear on this list for a short time after it is no longer free on Kindle. ALWAYS check the price on Amazon before making a purchase, please! If a book is free, you should see the following: Kindle Price: $0.00
But first, a word from ... Today's Sponsor
Charles Ries’ story of his youth and family life is full of colorful characters, evocative details, episodes both harrowing and humorous, and subtle wisdom. Every family – every life – should have a chronicler as honest, clear-eyed, and loving as Charles Ries.
Larry Watson, Author
by Charles P. Ries
5.0 stars - 5 Reviews
Text-to-Speech and Lending: Enabled
Here's the set-up:
“Few authors capture the narrative voice with the perfect balance of self-deprecating humor and poignant insight that Charles Ries brings to THE FATHERS WE FIND. Ries' account of a small-town farm boy set against the backdrop of the Civil Rights Movement and the Vietnam War combines humor and heart to create a truly remarkable memior. The narrator stumbles his way to enlightenment with help from a series of delightful men in a journey that is hilarious and nostalgic.”

Camille N. Cline, Editor
One Reviewer Notes:
Charles Ries' The Father's We Find reminds me of Frank McCourt's (Angela's Ashes, "Tis, Teacher Man) memoirs with their keen attention to character and strong voice. Ries' characters' voices are ring loud and clear, I can hear them calling, long after putting the book down. When I read a book that resonates with my experiences, one wrought with so much care and detail, I know that this is a winner. When characters follow me for days after reading, when I'm sad to see the story end, I know this is true.
Karl Huston, Author
UK CUSTOMERS: Click on the title below to download
THE FATHERS WE FIND
Each day’s list is sponsored by one paid title. We encourage you to support our sponsors and thank you for considering them.
Authors and Publishers: Interested in learning more about sponsorship? Just click on this link for more information.
Free Contemporary Titles in the Kindle Store
Welcome to Kindle Nation’s magical and revolutionary Free Book Search Tool — automatically updated and refreshed in real time, now with Category Search! Use the drop-down menu (in red caps next to the menu bar near the top of the page) to search for free Kindle books by genre or category, then sort the list just the way you want it — by date added, bestselling, or review rating! But there’s no need to sort by price — because they’re all free!
« Previous Page
Only one page of results to display
Next Page »
Loading
*
*
*For verification purposes only
Brigham Young said that Deity "is in every person upon the face of the earth. The elements that every individual is made of and lives in, possess the Godhead” (JD 1:93).This book examines the fifth Lecture on Faith, explains the Godhead on one other layer of symbolism, and discusses...
Read more »
Preview
Report Report Bad Listing
*
*
*For verification purposes only
Story is adapted from the novel titled D-Nine: Protectors of the Crown. What would you do if you wake up only to find that you are now of the opposite gender? Dr. James Khoo faces the same question. A modern doctor struggling with what he thinks is a series of severe...
Read more »
Preview
Report Report Bad Listing
*
*
*For verification purposes only
Success is a freedom, a journey away from security! Success and failure are keys to any consideration of power and policy. The only difference between successful lifetime and futile one is what this book entails. In this book, you will learn the five success power and five success policies...
Read more »
The SUCCESS POWER and POLICIES
By: Hezekiah Fatoki
Added:
Preview
Report Report Bad Listing
*
*
*For verification purposes only
{ P R E F A C E} Nowadays more & more people worldwide are getting interested in South Korea and its unique culture. Even in Korea the number of the visitor from the world already reached over 10 million. I, Raoul Teacher, as a native Korean & English teacher, have helped a...
Read more »
Preview
Report Report Bad Listing
*
*
*For verification purposes only
Picturing English 1 – 4 is an e-book series to help teens and adults master sounds and letters of the English alphabet. Here’s a sample of the first book. Books 1 and 2 use picture and word clues to help you review and remember each alphabet letter and its sound(s) as well as two-letter...
Read more »
Preview
Report Report Bad Listing
*
*
*For verification purposes only
What happens when God is in control and how it prevails in everything you do changing the outcome of your everyday encounters.A Look at Everyday Life with God In Control and how it affects not only you, but those around you....
Read more »
Preview
Report Report Bad Listing
*
*
*For verification purposes only
GREAT FOR ESL STUDENTS AND TEACHERS!Anyone studying English should have a Dictionary, a Thesaurus, and the Be/Have/(Do) Grammar Matrix Series: How to Think in English: Be Something! Have Something! Do Something! by John C Lipes.English Explained: ESL Made Easy is the Single...
Read more »
English Explained 4: The Past Perfect
By: John C Lipes
Added:
Preview
Report Report Bad Listing
*
*
*For verification purposes only
This book was converted from its physical edition to the digital format by a community of volunteers. You may find it for free on the web. Purchase of the Kindle edition includes wireless delivery....
Read more »
Preview
Report Report Bad Listing
*
*
*For verification purposes only
The funny thing about loanwords is that nobody is planning on giving them back. They are called "borrowed" - but, of course, they will stay with the language that borrowed them. English has taken many words from many languages - and sometimes their origin is obvious, sometimes it is ...
Read more »
The Little Book of Loanwords
By: Sören Eberhardt
Added:
Preview
Report Report Bad Listing
*
*
*For verification purposes only
Why Is English Spelling So Damn Odd? George Bernard Shaw, a would-be spelling reformer, complained that, in English, the word FISH could be spelled GHOTI. That's GH as in rough, O as in women, and TI as in nation. But that's only the...
Read more »
Preview
Report Report Bad Listing
« Previous Page
Only one page of results to display
Next Page »

Tags: ,