Kindle Free Book Alert for August 14: 390 brand new Freebies in the last 24 hours added to Our 4,200+ Free Titles sorted by Category, Date Added, Bestselling or Review Rating! plus … Charles P. Ries’s THE FATHERS WE FIND (Today’s Sponsor – 99 cents)

Powered by our magical Kindle free book tool, here are this morning’s latest additions to our 4,200+ Kindle Free Book listings. Occasionally a title will continue to appear on this list for a short time after it is no longer free on Kindle. ALWAYS check the price on Amazon before making a purchase, please! If a book is free, you should see the following: Kindle Price: $0.00
But first, a word from ... Today's Sponsor
Charles Ries’ story of his youth and family life is full of colorful characters, evocative details, episodes both harrowing and humorous, and subtle wisdom. Every family – every life – should have a chronicler as honest, clear-eyed, and loving as Charles Ries.
Larry Watson, Author
by Charles P. Ries
5.0 stars - 5 Reviews
Text-to-Speech and Lending: Enabled
Here's the set-up:
“Few authors capture the narrative voice with the perfect balance of self-deprecating humor and poignant insight that Charles Ries brings to THE FATHERS WE FIND. Ries' account of a small-town farm boy set against the backdrop of the Civil Rights Movement and the Vietnam War combines humor and heart to create a truly remarkable memior. The narrator stumbles his way to enlightenment with help from a series of delightful men in a journey that is hilarious and nostalgic.”

Camille N. Cline, Editor
One Reviewer Notes:
Charles Ries' The Father's We Find reminds me of Frank McCourt's (Angela's Ashes, "Tis, Teacher Man) memoirs with their keen attention to character and strong voice. Ries' characters' voices are ring loud and clear, I can hear them calling, long after putting the book down. When I read a book that resonates with my experiences, one wrought with so much care and detail, I know that this is a winner. When characters follow me for days after reading, when I'm sad to see the story end, I know this is true.
Karl Huston, Author
UK CUSTOMERS: Click on the title below to download
THE FATHERS WE FIND
Each day’s list is sponsored by one paid title. We encourage you to support our sponsors and thank you for considering them.
Authors and Publishers: Interested in learning more about sponsorship? Just click on this link for more information.
Free Contemporary Titles in the Kindle Store
Welcome to Kindle Nation’s magical and revolutionary Free Book Search Tool — automatically updated and refreshed in real time, now with Category Search! Use the drop-down menu (in red caps next to the menu bar near the top of the page) to search for free Kindle books by genre or category, then sort the list just the way you want it — by date added, bestselling, or review rating! But there’s no need to sort by price — because they’re all free!
« Previous Page
Only one page of results to display
Next Page »
Loading
*
*
*For verification purposes only
Practice the Short U sound with this illustrated flashcard book designed for children who are learning to read. The book uses 27 Short U words with pictures to help your child learn to read! It has four different ways to practice:* Read the words with the picture - Look at the pictures and...
Read more »
Preview
Report Report Bad Listing
*
*
*For verification purposes only
Let’s be honest: sometimes you're asked to read an “important” book that you don't want or have time to read. Sometimes you try and it’s just so boring and impenetrable that you can’t get through it. And then, even worse, sometimes you’re asked to take a test or write a paper about it....
Read more »
Preview
Report Report Bad Listing
*
*
*For verification purposes only
Hard work in middle and high school allowed Shea to attend Cornell University where he graduated with Dean’s List honors. He currently attends the Ave Maria School of Law. Nearing the end of formal schooling, Shea hopes this book cultivates a zeal for learning in students who come after him. ...
Read more »
Preview
Report Report Bad Listing
*
*
*For verification purposes only
ABOUT THE SERIES 'A Teacher's Guide To...' is a series of books ideal for new teachers as well as those about to embark on teacher training programmes. Written in a friendly and fluent style, these books provide perfect synopses of the key ideas and issues affecting teachers today. ...
Read more »
A Teacher's Guide To... Assessment
By: M J Bromley
Added:
Preview
Report Report Bad Listing
*
*
*For verification purposes only
The sheep farmer's teenage niece, in a struggle for her life, has killed a terrible man. Now the dead man's father, and brothers are coming for revenge. See what happens when John Allen and his longtime friend, Jeffrey Jim, face-off with some of the most ruthless evil men the west has ever seen....
Read more »
The Sheep Farmer IV - Showdown With Evil
By: Gerald Hartenhoff
Added:
Preview
Report Report Bad Listing
*
*
*For verification purposes only
My Mr. Rochester is presented in serial form to allow a full retelling of the classic story. Episodes range from novella to short-novel length. Read all five episodes through Kindle Unlimited or own the entire series ~ 565 pages ~ available in one discounted box set. The...
Read more »
Preview
Report Report Bad Listing
*
*
*For verification purposes only
28,000 Laugh-out-Loud words! "***** - If you want a good laugh these [Paul Day Chronicles] books are for you..." - Amazon Reviewer Paul Day Chronicles - Dead Legs, Exam Dreads and Fun Behind the Bike Sheds (From the days of...
Read more »
Preview
Report Report Bad Listing
*
*
*For verification purposes only
If you are tired of all the anti-bullying propaganda, check out my essay on the virtues of bullying and all that it can get you. The content of this essay can benefit anyone interested in standing up for themselves and winning some respect. Get this book, or I will personally come to rip your...
Read more »
Preview
Report Report Bad Listing
*
*
*For verification purposes only
When a city commissioned a famous artist to create a masterpiece for their newly refurbished downtown, they only forgot one thing: to tell him when to stop. Now his greatest work is threatening to take over everywhere. It's a race against time and space and dimensions nobody even knew were there!...
Read more »
Fixture
By: Tom Lichtenberg
Added:
Preview
Report Report Bad Listing
*
*
*For verification purposes only
'It's not all jam, you know, when you're on holiday in Australia' Elrood is an employee at the North Pole Toy Factory. Join him on his latest comical adventure. After his time on the 'Universal Merit' programme, Elrood heads to Australia for a well-earned rest. Intending...
Read more »
In the Grotto: Elrood Down Under
By: Eddie McGarrity
Added:
Preview
Report Report Bad Listing
« Previous Page
Only one page of results to display
Next Page »

Tags: ,

References to prices on this website refer to prices on the main Amazon.com website for US customers. Prices will vary for readers located outside the US, and prices for US customers may change at any time. Always check the price on Amazon before making a purchase.

Subscribe

to KND's FREE Email Newsletters!

Great deals, free excerpts, tips & more

Get Free Books & Bargain Bestsellers at bookgorilla.com