Kindle Free Book Alert for August 14: 390 brand new Freebies in the last 24 hours added to Our 4,200+ Free Titles sorted by Category, Date Added, Bestselling or Review Rating! plus … Charles P. Ries’s THE FATHERS WE FIND (Today’s Sponsor – 99 cents)

Powered by our magical Kindle free book tool, here are this morning’s latest additions to our 4,200+ Kindle Free Book listings. Occasionally a title will continue to appear on this list for a short time after it is no longer free on Kindle. ALWAYS check the price on Amazon before making a purchase, please! If a book is free, you should see the following: Kindle Price: $0.00
But first, a word from ... Today's Sponsor
Charles Ries’ story of his youth and family life is full of colorful characters, evocative details, episodes both harrowing and humorous, and subtle wisdom. Every family – every life – should have a chronicler as honest, clear-eyed, and loving as Charles Ries.
Larry Watson, Author
by Charles P. Ries
5.0 stars - 5 Reviews
Text-to-Speech and Lending: Enabled
Here's the set-up:
“Few authors capture the narrative voice with the perfect balance of self-deprecating humor and poignant insight that Charles Ries brings to THE FATHERS WE FIND. Ries' account of a small-town farm boy set against the backdrop of the Civil Rights Movement and the Vietnam War combines humor and heart to create a truly remarkable memior. The narrator stumbles his way to enlightenment with help from a series of delightful men in a journey that is hilarious and nostalgic.”

Camille N. Cline, Editor
One Reviewer Notes:
Charles Ries' The Father's We Find reminds me of Frank McCourt's (Angela's Ashes, "Tis, Teacher Man) memoirs with their keen attention to character and strong voice. Ries' characters' voices are ring loud and clear, I can hear them calling, long after putting the book down. When I read a book that resonates with my experiences, one wrought with so much care and detail, I know that this is a winner. When characters follow me for days after reading, when I'm sad to see the story end, I know this is true.
Karl Huston, Author
UK CUSTOMERS: Click on the title below to download
THE FATHERS WE FIND
Each day’s list is sponsored by one paid title. We encourage you to support our sponsors and thank you for considering them.
Authors and Publishers: Interested in learning more about sponsorship? Just click on this link for more information.
Free Contemporary Titles in the Kindle Store
Welcome to Kindle Nation’s magical and revolutionary Free Book Search Tool — automatically updated and refreshed in real time, now with Category Search! Use the drop-down menu (in red caps next to the menu bar near the top of the page) to search for free Kindle books by genre or category, then sort the list just the way you want it — by date added, bestselling, or review rating! But there’s no need to sort by price — because they’re all free!
« Previous Page
Only one page of results to display
Next Page »
Loading
*
*
*For verification purposes only
A dramatic realism from the author of Bells Above Greens and Coins on the Curb. Everyone has a dark streak hidden deep inside themselves. A picturesque seaside town on the Italian Riviera in the early 1960’s is the setting for life-changing tragedy as seen through the...
Read more »
The Trodden Salts
By: David Xavier
Added:
Preview
Report Report Bad Listing
*
*
*For verification purposes only
Zachary Steel is a handsome, mid-twenties, stay-at-home father, who sacrificed his promising industrial career to make life better for his children. He finds his now sole-bread-winning wife becoming resentful and more vicious and then he learns – unfaithful. His passion copes by throwing him into...
Read more »
Preview
Report Report Bad Listing
*
*
*For verification purposes only
I’ve spent my lifetime writing these poems. Meaning that each one was pulled from a specific time in my life and I placed them in an order that would portray, to some small degree, where life has taken me. It has been a journey that has spanned many countries and has allowed me to live in almost...
Read more »
Preview
Report Report Bad Listing
*
*
*For verification purposes only
When Savannah Jordan agrees to help her aunt while she recovers from a broken foot, she doesn’t expect to walk into a mystery, become part of a not-quite-legal surveillance team, be kidnapped by a deranged stranger and meet a steaming hot veterinarian. Beloved neighborhood cats are missing—the...
Read more »
Catnapped (A Klepto Cat Mystery Book 1)
By: Patricia Fry
Added:
Preview
Report Report Bad Listing
*
*
*For verification purposes only
When time really matters. Minute by minute, hour by hour. Things can change at moment. Two people find themselves paying for the past of someone else in a place they rather not be. A snowball of mystery was about to turn into an avalanche. Every decision, every word, any movement can make...
Read more »
In What Hour?
By: Jeanine Bradwell
Added:
Preview
Report Report Bad Listing
*
*
*For verification purposes only
A freelance journalist, Margo Cassaneto is contracted to do a feature story on an up and coming jazz musician and the members of his five-piece jazz ensemble. Having been hand-picked for this impromptu and prize assignment, she finds herself rushing off to join the talented musician and his...
Read more »
Bassment Deep
By: CS Bennett
Added:
Preview
Report Report Bad Listing
*
*
*For verification purposes only
My Burgundy Intrigue is a quaint short story about a brilliant hi-tech computer wizard who, through a mutual friend, meets the woman of his dreams which leads him to some interesting encounters. Jamal is my main character’s name and his supercomputer Isaac is his cool and calculating alter...
Read more »
My Burgundy Intrigue
By: Curtis Bennett
Added:
Preview
Report Report Bad Listing
*
*
*For verification purposes only
Café Romance is an intense romantic novel, sprinkled with sadness, joy, adventure, betrayal, sexual tension and emotional excitement. This is a dazzling and exotic and heartwarming, down-to-earth contemporary love story about an independent, self-made woman who discovers she is falling in love...
Read more »
Cafe Romance
By: Curtis Bennett
Added:
Preview
Report Report Bad Listing
*
*
*For verification purposes only
Ladies are you concerned about your relationships? Do you wonder why he has become distant? Ladies do you suspect your man doesn't love you anymore? Did your sex life change?...
Read more »
Preview
Report Report Bad Listing
*
*
*For verification purposes only
Krystal gets fired from Of Ivory and has to take a shitty job at a fast-food restaurant working with a bunch of "urban" youths, while being managed by a 19 year old cum-white college student named Topher. Her other manager, Cassidy, is a beautiful black bitch with the finest of horse manes stapled...
Read more »
Fat, Black, Virgin.: Chickens & Coons
By: Ashley Bradley
Added:
Preview
Report Report Bad Listing
« Previous Page
Only one page of results to display
Next Page »

Tags: ,