Archive | community

Publetariat: For People Who Publish!

Publetariat Dispatch: Self-Publishing, A Source Of Innovative Thinking And How To Benefit From It

In today’s Publetariat Dispatch, Piotr Kowalczyk discusses what all of us can learn about innovation from self-publishers. This post, from Piotr Kowalczyk, originally appeared on his Password Incorrect site on 3/3/11 and is reprinted here in its entirety with his permission. The presentation you’ll see below was prepared for Ebook Lab Italia conference. I wanted […]

Continue Reading
Publetariat: For People Who Publish!

Publetariat Dispatch: Publishers Be Crazy…Or Desperate

In today’s Publetariat Dispatch, Publetariat founder and Editor in Chief April L. Hamilton marvels at Bookish.com, major publishers’ latest plan to compete with booksellers directly. I just read this article about Bookish.com, a new joint venture being launched later this summer by Hachette Book Group, Penguin USA and Simon & Schuster. Per the article: The […]

Continue Reading
Screen shot 2011-07-22 at 12.09.42 PM

Announcing a new page where you can search and sort over 250 quality 99-cent Romance titles for Kindle, all sponsored by our Kindle Nation Romance of the Week, Kailin Gow’s 5-star series opener BEAUTIFUL BEINGS.

We started letting the cat out of the bag a little while ago on a big announcement that we’ll be making tomorrow about some very cool new features on Kindle Nation, and here we go again. We thing what’s good for Suspense readers may also be good for Romance readers, so we’ve created a brand […]

Continue Reading
Announcing a new page where you can search and sort over 300 quality 99-cent Mystery and Suspense titles for Kindle, all sponsored by our Kindle Nation Thriller of the Week, Brett Battles' highly acclaimed novel <em><strong>SICK</strong></em>

Announcing a new page where you can search and sort over 300 quality 99-cent Mystery and Suspense titles for Kindle, all sponsored by our Kindle Nation Thriller of the Week, Brett Battles’ highly acclaimed novel SICK

We’ll be making a big announcement tomorrow about some very cool new features on Kindle Nation, but we’ve been working on this for a while so it’s kind of hard to wait! So here’s a bit of beginning — a new page where you can find over 300 quality 99-cent Mystery and Suspense titles for […]

Continue Reading

Would you like Kindle Nation to send you an email alert when the Kindle Tablet is announced and ready for pre-order?

It’s no surprise that there’s intense interest in the forthcoming Kindle Tablet. In fact, we’ve already had emails from readers who want to make sure that they are among the first to know when the new Kindle Tablet is available for pre-order. Well, there may not be an app for that, but we can certainly […]

Continue Reading
Screen shot 2011-05-14 at 6.18.23 PM

Kindle Nation Keeps Giving Back to Our Readers with a Brand New Chance to Win a Kindle 3G or Either of Two Gift Cards!

We had so much fun with last week’s first-ever Kindle Nation Sweepstakes that we are doing it again! Just like last time we’re giving away the best of all the Kindle models, a free Kindle 3G+Wi-Fi that retails for $189. And this time we’ll give the winner her choice of colors, graphite or white. But […]

Continue Reading
Screen shot 2011-05-13 at 7.26.24 AM

A Word on the Current Blogger Outage

Good morning. As you may have heard, Google’s “Blogger” or “Blogspot” service has been in outage mode for most of the past two days, which of course has caused serious problems for hundreds of thousands of blogs and, perhaps, for their readers. It’s not a famine, an earthquake, or an international incident (at least not […]

Continue Reading
Guest Post by Susan Moody Prieto of WorldReader.org: "Win a Kindle Lover's Dream Trip to Ghana!"

Guest Post by Susan Moody Prieto of WorldReader.org: “Win a Kindle Lover’s Dream Trip to Ghana!”

Regular readers of Kindle Nation may recall our past efforts to help get the word out about a terrific non-profit organization called WorldReader.org that is doing all it can to spread the Kindle Revolution worldwide: A Great Video from WorldReader.org – 500 Down, Millions to Go Helping Kids Around the World to Read, One Kindle […]

Continue Reading
Screen shot 2011-03-25 at 3.51.16 PM

Guest Post by Joe Konrath: Depression and Writers

(Ed. note: This post by author Joe Konrath first appeared today, Friday, March 25, 2011 at his excellent blog. — S.W.) I get a lot of email, and though I try to read it all, I can’t reply to everyone. Here’s one I replied to, reprinted with the author’s permission. I think it’s important for […]

Continue Reading