Freedom’s Sword, a Historical Novel of Scotland
by J.R. Tomlin
Before William Wallace, before Robert the Bruce, there was another Scottish hero…In 1296, newly knighted by the King of the Scots, Andrew de Moray fights to defend his country against the forces of the ruthless invader, King Edward Longshanks of England. After a bloody defeat in battle, he is dragged in chains to an English dungeon.
Soon the young knight escapes. He returns to find Scotland under the heel of a conqueror and his betrothed sheltering in the hills of the Black Isle. Seizing his own castle from the English, he raises the banner of Scottish freedom. Now he must lead the north of Scotland to rebellion in hope of defeating the English army sent to crush them.
Tomlin has created a fast paced, well -written read that any historical fiction lover will enjoy. (Great Minds Think Aloud Book Club)
- A Kingdom’s Cost, a Historical Novel of Scotland
- Fantasy Novels from J. R. Tomlin & C. R. Daems:
- Talon of the Unnamed Goddess, a Fantasy Adventure
- Blood Duty, a Fantasy Adventure
- Laying the Odds, a Fantasy Adventure
- Wings of Evil, a Young Adult Fantasy
(This is a sponsored post.)