Today’s Kindle Daily Deals!
brought to you by:
Positive Toddler Discipline: Proven Strategies to Tame Tantrums and Nurture Their Developing Mind
In children between the ages of 1 and 5, temper tantrums are common, and up to 83% of 2-4 year olds have them regularly.
No matter how well you know that this is an important part of their development, it can take its toll when you’re facing yet another meltdown about the carrots being the wrong shape.
Do any of the below sound familiar?
- Refusing to get dressed
- Screaming blue murder because you asked them to put their shoes on
- Throwing their breakfast on the floor because the spoon’s the wrong color
- Inconsolable tears because the cat went outside
Every parent goes through this. Toddlers are at a stage where they are developing their independence and pushing boundaries, and they have more feelings than they can understand or express.
How many times have you given in to them for the sake of a quiet life?
Most parents have, and if you’ve done it, you know that it doesn’t help you out in the long term.
So how can you handle your toddler’s tantrums in a way that minimizes damage, ends the drama as quickly as possible, and sets your child on the road to being a confident, happy child?
The answer lies within positive discipline, a behavioral management technique that reduces the drama and allows you to set clear boundaries your toddler will understand.
All too often, we resort to punishments, but time and time again, research has shown us that this is useless.
Positive discipline is built around empathizing with your child, giving them space to feel their feelings, and helping them find solutions to their problems.
By rejecting traditional discipline models of reward and punishment, you can create mutual respect between you and your child, improving their confidence and self-esteem for life.
In Positive Toddler Discipline: Proven Strategies to Tame Tantrums and Nurture Their Developing Mind, you’ll find everything you need to know about managing your toddler’s tantrums. Here’s just a taste of what you’ll discover:
- Where the idea of positive discipline comes from–and why it works
- The key reasons why your toddler is pushing your buttons
- The secret weapon to taming your child for good
- The #1 mistake every parent makes when talking to their toddler, and what you should be doing instead
- Why the language you use matters, as well as which type of words your child will respond best to
- How to set helpful consequences without resorting to punishment
- Practical tips to use in the face of a major meltdown
- A blueprint for navigating daily routines with a toddler
And much more.
If you thought drama was an inevitable part of parenting a toddler, think again.
Positive discipline has been proven effective by childcare professionals and focuses on a deep understanding of toddler psychology.
By adopting its key principles, you will be able to reduce the stress in your household and keep your cool every time your toddler has a meltdown.
Stop allowing your child to rule the house–it’s time to get some structure and peace back into your life.